OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health & Safety Management) is the framework that will enable your business to comply with occupational health and safety legislation.
OHSAS 18001 focuses on occupational health and safety as opposed to product safety.
Your business may already have in place elements of OHSAS 18001, but if your company has employees and stake-holders who could be exposed to occupational health and safety risks, then you should consider accreditation to OHSAS 18001.
Certificates are accredited by ANAB.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 Accreditation
Fewer Health & Safety incidents will lead to lower costs associated with legal fees/compensation.
Looking after the health and safety of employees and stakeholders will lead to improved relationships.
Keep on top of health and safety legislation Ability to tender for new business where accreditation to OHSAS 18001 is a requirement.
How to gain OHSAS 18001 Accreditation
Complete the form on our Apply page or Contact page.
EQA will undertake an assessment of your organisation over two mandatory visits.
Provided all criteria are met, we will issue you with your OHSAS 18001 accreditation.
EQA maintain your registration by setting up a programme of annual surveillance audits, with re-certification taking place every third year.
Requirements of OHSAS 18001
4.1 General Requirements.
Planning for hazard Identification, risk assessment and risk control / Legal and other requirements / Objectives / OHSAS 18001 programme.
4.4 Implementation and Operation.
Structure and responsibility / Training, awareness and competence / Consultation and communication / Documentation / Document and data control / Operation control / Emergency preparedness and response.
4.5 Checking and corrective action.
Performance measurement and monitoring / Accidents, incidents, nonconformance and corrective and preventive action / Records and records management / Audit
4.6 Management Review.
Necessity for OH&S 18001
1. Active measurement for International tendency
– Transition from Health and Safety Management System by government to self-control management system by
– Planning stabilization of Labor-management relations.
– The rise of continual pressure by international pressure organization of ILO etc.
2. Aspect of Health and Safety
– Protect of human life and property from accident.
– Continual decrease of risk in existence.
3. Aspect of properties
– Decrease of insurance rate for industrial disaster: building trust from bank and insurance company.
– Remove of social, local and national crisis such as fire, death, serious wound etc.
– Providing sense of stability for investment with.
4. Measurement for social pressure
– Meeting of need increase for safety of the general public.
– Remove of social distrust by safety concerns.
5. Strengthening of legal and regulation
– Active measurement for home and foreign regulation.
– Strengthening of supervision for international labor world.
Expected Effects of OHSAS 18001
Active measurement for International tendency
1. Prevention of incident and decrease of accident
2. Decrease of insurance and compensation cost
3. Increase of productivity
4. Improvement of morale and increase of confidence for manager
5. Improvement of public confidence
6. Verification for occupational health and safety management system by third party
7. Customer satisfaction
Overview of OHSAS 18001
1. OHSAS : Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series.
2. Lively discussion and review for standards of safety and health are now being conducted internationally.
3. There are limitation in existing quality management system and environmental management system to conduct safetyㆍhealth management systematically.